Ponder and jot about the book you just finished reading.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I just finished The Shadow Throne, which is book three in Jennifer A. Nielsen's The Ascendance Trilogy.  I really enjoyed this trilogy. The False Prince was the first book and I read it because it was on the Truman list this year. I enjoyed it, so I read the sequel--The Runaway King. I don't always read sequels. I really have to like the story. Reading all three books in the trilogy says a lot about how much I like the story and Ms. Nielsen's writing. I tried to read the second book after Cinder--which is called Scarlet, but I lost interest a few chapters in and just couldn't make myself read it. I may pick it up again someday, though. Next on my list is actually another sequel to a book in this year's Truman list. The first book was called Shadow and Bone. The second book is called Siege and Storm.  I'll let you know how I like that one.

No comments: